On this day in 1987 Frank Tanana‘s complete game shutout clinched the AL East for the Tigers.
Answer any one of these questions correctly at email@example.com to be entered to win these Frank Tanana baseball cards!
- Out of which Detroit high school was Tanana drafted in 1971?
- Name two future Tigers in the Toronto lineup for the 1987 season finale.
- Which Blue Jay had two of his team’s 6 hits off Tanana?
- Which Blue Jay had a triple off Tanana? What happened during that at-bat that kept the triple from driving in a run?
- Who became the fourth-oldest player ever to appear in a major league game, at age 54, by facing Tanana on this day in 1980?
- Name any of four other Tigers pitchers to get a win to advance the Tigers to the postseason in the final game of the season.